Just because it isn't their old stuff doesn't mean it isn't good. Gorillaz's music is constantly evolving.
Yo this is weak af. For real 😳.
This album gives me a sense of nostalgia of a time I didn’t exist during. Great album, guys!
It says purchased, but it’s not showing up in my purchases and It doesn’t show up in my cloud. This is a great album but even though I’ve bought it I can’t seem to listen to it.
One of their best albums!
I loved every song in this album!
An utterly engaging and rhythmic album, marking a new era in the winding repertoire of Gorillaz. In short, fantastic.
By You arent getting my name
This is my favorite gorillaz album next to the first album. I love the songs so much and they are all very well written. I suggest you listen to this amazing album.
The album to make you a Gorillaz fan
By the coolest kid 😎
As someone who had no idea what Gorillaz really was earlier this year, I cannot express how much this album means to me. Starting out with the livestream of it hooked me on it, making me get the actual CD and look to Gorillaz for more good vibes. This album has the perfect melancholy and hidden meanings behind the lyrics, drawing you deeper in the old feeling of these tracks, whether it be the whimsical faraway tone of Idaho or the sad, yet pumped feel of Souk Eye. This album has something for everyone, and I would recommend anyone new to Gorillaz to dive straight in this album. A banger.
And with that I sign off.
One of the best Gorillaz Albums... still great.
But aren’t they all? Here’s what I think of each track...
1. Humility - A more cookie cutter, more popular song. It never fails to get me in the mood, though, and the video is gold. Good for new fans of Gorillaz #8 Favorite ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. Tranz - Man, this is one of my favorites. I love the grunge, late-night party feel of it. Interesting. #3 Favorite
3. Hollywood - A more hypnotic song that I’m not the biggest fan of. I definitely don’t dislike it, but I find it a bit difficult to follow the structure of the song. #11 Favorite
4. Kansas - I’M NOT GONNA CRY. NOPE. NOT LIKE THIS SONG IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE ALBUM. NOT LIKE IT REMINDS ME OF EVERYTHING GORILLAZ IS AND WAS. One of the least popular ones. #2 Favorite
5. Socererz - I used to love this one a LOT, and it’s a great dance/mood song. 2D’s vocals are a bit shoved out by the effects, but dem bONgOs tho. I also am a fan of the lyrics. #6 Favorite
6. Idaho - Definitely a weirder song. I’m not a fan, but it still sounds like a live performance. When I hear it sung, I imagine Damon, not 2D. #7 Favorite
7. Lake Zurich - When the album was teased for a while, this was one of the songs used at the beginning of The Now Now. I think it’s unique - and I find myself nodding my head along to the beat or tapping the beat on the table - even if it’s not playing. A weirder song with no vocals. #5 Favorite
8. Magic City - Goddamn, This song makes me tear up like crazy. It reminds me of Damon on tour but it sounds like 2D as well. The instrumental gives it a nice feel and it sounds good blasting or on the lowest volume. #1 Favorite.
9. Fire Flies
Very avant-garde and catchy. It starts out as an edgy party song and slowly morphs into 2D’s curiosity getting the best of him. It’s got a story and can connect to listeners. #4 Favorite
10. One Percent
I don’t like this one as much. It’s a bit like other songs but it’s pretty and mystic. Interesting, bit not my favorite. #10 Favorite
11. Souk Eye
While I don’t inherently hate this song, it’s a weaker song and other ones sound much better. At this point it’s a bit like others even but the little motif at the beginning never fails to make me feel melancholy. #9 Favorite
Overall album rating - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. A pretty piece to listen to that never fails to make me smile a little bit.
FAVORITE - Magic City
LEAST FAVORITE - Hollywood
MOST TRUE TO GORILLAZ - Humility or Kansas.
Gorillaz>Demon Days>, The Now Now=Plastic Beach, >The fall>G/D-Sides>Humanz
Let’s get this straight humans was by far not the greatest album but it was decent but “decent” is not the Gorillaz I know. This album was a complete revamp compared to humans and so far it’s amazing from humility to Souk eye expect not a listen but an experience