Good album, don't understand the negativity
By God of Thunder
This is a good album from Disturbed. It lives up to its name. It sounds very much like Disturbed, but more mature than their earlier stuff. It's filled with positive messages for people.
1. Are You Ready? This is a great album opener and concert opener. The song's message is to be strong so people can't push you over. 9/10
2. No More. This is my favorite song on the album. It's an anti-war song, and a better one than "Indestructible." 10/10
3. A Reason to Fight. This is a ballad inspired by the recent (at the time this song was recorded) suicides of Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, and Chester Bennington. The song's message is basically "Don't commit suicide. You can overcome and rise from your past demons." Much respect to the band for this song and for them respecting other legends. 10/10
4. In Another Time. This is probably by least favorite song on the album, but it's not bad. 5/10
5. Stronger on Your Own. Great song with a great message. I am indeed stronger on my own. 9/10
6. Hold On to Memories. Eh, I don't like the slow quiet songs as much. 7/10
7. Savior of Nothing. This song is a message for Republicans and Democrats. Both sides need to hear this song. 9/10
8. Watch You Burn. This song is about joining a social group that seems great at first, but is actually toxic. That would seem to be most groups. 8/10
9. The Best Ones Lie. This song is about politicians. And yes,the best ones do indeed lie. 8/10
10. Already Gone. This is a sad depressing song to end the album. 7/10
That makes this a B album in my opinion. I think the people who bash this album just want the band to swear all the time and only do angry metal songs. But bands have to evolve to remain interesting
Love this album still disturbed I would recommend this album people need to stop I still support the band no matter what they put out disturbed is awesome
It’s the anthem of the DNC
Lazy corny lyrics. “GET UP GET UP ARE YOU READY GET UP GET UP”. Get up, no more, and other songs on the album are blatant democratic propaganda. Others like “A reason to fight” are extremely cheesy. Worst disturbed album to date.
Finally...i have my reason back!!!
I’ve been a disturbed fan almost from the beginning...though tbh, i didn’t really get them at first. I couldn’t place them into how they fit into my life, whether just as a casual fan, or a hardcore disturbed one. Ten Thousand Fists put me in the hardcore fan category...now and forever!!! And now, with Evolution, i have something i can rarely do...recommend a song that i know will cut through any musical boundaries people might have about current rock music... of course I’m referring to the life changing song “A Reason to Fight”...a song that might, if given a chance, could transform a generation the likes of which has never been seen, simply because it’s one of those songs that touch us in one way or the other...no matter what you think about the album as a whole. Imho, this is one of the best albums of the year...PERIOD!!! So to all of you who complain about this not being as good as past material...think about the person in your life who deals with addiction, or depression, or mental health challenges in general, then really listen to “A Reason to Fight”, and tell me you will never, EVER, see that person in a new light again! You can’t, because if David takes the time to remember all the friends he’s lost since the album came out, what does that tell you!?!? I see myself in a new light because of this song, and “Are You Ready”, because i can look deep inside myself, and honestly say, YES, i am ready...ready for whatever life has planned for me, and my head will be held high, because i know that someone, who i’ll probably never meet face to face, took the time to tell me, yes, you are important...yes, you are loved...and yes, if you leave this world too soon, you will be missed. And if you still feel like Disturbed’s best days are behind them...i TRIPLE DOG DARE you to watch the live video version of the song, and then come back and tell me you still feel that way! This Disturbed One will follow them wherever they go, now and forever!!! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
Lol, they said this is their Black Album.
One of my favorite album
By Lizzie Borden
While I agree this is a different sound to Disturbed the voice is the same (awesome) the band sounds incredible as always and you can’t ignore the messages in these songs. I personally have battled depression and even a suicide attempt years ago I can tell you this music fills my heart and soul.
Different but still awesome music
Upon first listen, I completely expected to come here and see bad reviews. It's hard for loyal fans when their favorite kickass bands try out a different softer style. Not a lot of fist-pumping along with this one BUT after accepting that fact, it can and should be judged for the quality of the music (and not that it may not have enough of your expected style). There is a lot of range in this album. 'Are you Ready' is closest to their old metal sound and there are some catchy tunes as well (No More, In Another Time) and some real heartfelt ballads that sound great, especially 'Reason to Fight' which addresses the pain the band feels over the loss of so many rock icons to addiction in recent years. David's incredible vocals sell all of the emotion in every song.
My advice to anyone curious to check this out, go in with an open mind and check expectations at the door. This album is fantastic and showcases all that Disturbed is capable of.
Remember 2008? Yeah, that was the last time these guys made something worth listening to. What a shame.
What happened to this band?? These songs are dreadfully slow , unoriginal, and just weak. Every band eventually hits the songwriting wall and I guess it's Disturbed's turn.
Save your money and just listen to the first couple albums again.
By V & J 22