Brings me back to youth
By parent of teen
Had this entire album in vinyl back in middle school up until I moved around. Played it often throughout middle school and high school. Had a great collection just too expensive to bring my entire collection so I let my parents sell them and give away.
Black sheep fan!!
is their anybody out there ,who know's of Lou gramm , being in a band Back in the day called black sheep! From Rochester New York
One of the 1st albums I got as a kid and to this very day one of my favs album of all time a timeless classic👌
old, good, and still on top!
about a year ago, my dad gave me a bunch of records. 2 Def Leppards, 1 Night Ranger, and 1 Foreigner, called Double Vision. now im a huge Foreigner fan!
By Joe Smith
One of my favorite Albums
One of the best Rock Bands
By Frank Smith
Still one of the greatest Rock bands of our era. I will continue to buy anything that comes out!
My first LP
By Doc Watson^
I saved my allowance for weeks to buy this album and a Nick Gilder 45, way back when. It will always have a special place in my heart. Double Vision is solid from start to finish and a great example of bands of this era.
Very strong! Thank heavens for Foreigner!!
By R.A.G. oldies fan
Being the Foreigner fan that I am, I am itching to get this album on my ipod, because the samples almost all sound awesome! The classics Hot Blooded, Blue Morning Blue Day, and Double Vision are all on here (especially, for me, the last two), as well as the underrated Love Has Taken Its Toll, Lonely Children, Spellbinder, and You're All I Am. This is just some of the best of classic rock, hands down. I challenge anyone, anywhere, to find something that's more than a little bit better than this! What's even more amazing, is that 4 is even better!! Here is my song by song review.
1. Hot Blooded. A great rocker that captures the everyday intimate fantasies of most young men. Love the guitar and Lou Gramm's signature powerful vocal show. In spite of this, it isn't one of my favorites, but still 10/10.
2. Blue Morning, Blue Day. This song is just flat-out great. The piano, the mellow mood, Lou Gramm's voice, how could it have been written any better? 10/10.
3. You're All I Am. I do like this song, but it is a bit sappy, which was a commonplace for Foreigner. Still it is a nice "I will always love you" song that is very soothing. 8.5/10.
4. Back Where You Belong. Back on track with a great track. I love the melody and harmonized vocals. I give it 9.5/10.
5. Love Has Taken It's Toll. A great song depicting a long time smooth man getting a reality check on his wooing ablities. 9.5/10.
6. Double Vision. Another classic song. I love the guitar and overall toughness of the song. This has been one of my favorite Foreigner songs for some time. 10/10.
7. Tramatone (Instrumental). A catchy piece, but it seems a bit pointless to me. Still, I have to give it 8/10.
8. I Have Waited So Long. The other piece of sap on the album. I don't rave about this one. Only 8/10.
9. Lonely Children. This song is an overlooked classic because of the lack of commerciality. I love the message of the song as well as the song itself. 10/10.
10. Spellbinder. Another great song that captures the feeling of being mesmorised. I like the tension of the song and Lou Gramm's voice. 10/10 in spite of a repetitive ending.
Foreigner's best and most consistent album
Of all the Foreigner albums I would rank this as their best and most consistent album and this album also seems to be their most varied album and it has a wide variety of tunes ranging from ballads (You're All I Am & I Have Waited So Long), midtempo rockers (Blue Morning, Blue Day, Back Where You Belong & Love Has Taken Its Toll), heavy rockers (Hot Blooded, Double Vision & Lonely Children) and progressive rock tunes (Spellbinder and Tramontane), sadly this IMO was their last great album they've ever released
By Long Live Rock28778
Great album one of foreigners best